Home > Advocacy and policy > Financial help for 2E children

Financial help for 2E children

If you have a child who is 2E (twice exceptional — meaning gifted and diagnosed with a learning disability), you may be able to get financial assistance to enroll in an alternative school.

The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Program is open to any student who has an IEP and who was enrolled in a Georgia public school for the 2009-10 school year. The program compensates families who move their children into another public school or an eligible private school.

You can see a full list of requirements and get more information from the Georgia Department of Education.

There is no application process required, and you don’t have to prove that your public school was not meeting your child’s needs. If you meet the eligibility requirements, then you will get assistance. It’s that simple. The only question is how much money you’ll get, and you can find that out using the calculator provided.

Categories: Advocacy and policy
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: